Spring 2017 Registration
Applications submitted today may require up to 3 days to process. If a student has qualified for and/or received Special Education, Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 services during the past 12 months, the application is referred to the Director of Student Support Services who will contact the student’s case manager to insure appropriate placement. The application process involves the student’s case manager and IEP team and could take additional time. Click here to learn about this process in more detail.
Open registration for Spring classes is open now and classes begin January 31.
What do you need to know to register?
Do I have access to a system that meets technical requirements?
As an online school, it is imperative that students have access to the right technological tools to enable them to be immersed in content and learn without interruptions. To insure our student’s success, we are providing the minimum system requirements. Carefully review the following information to verify your student’s technology support system meets the requirement for Internet Academy and our content partners.
Every student needs to have access to a laptop or desktop personal computer that meets the system requirements of Internet Academy and our content partners. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be the latest and greatest: if your computer is 5 years old or younger, it’s probably a-ok!
Java and Flash must be enabled.
At or above OS recommendations, plus 1 GB free RAM
|Internet Connection Speeds||Partner System Requirements||Mobile Devices (Tablets, iPad, Phone, etc)|
|Reliable internet connection, including:
Check your connection speed at speedtest.net
|Verify each system||
Looks good? Great! What’s next?
STEP #1: Start by creating your guardian account in our registration system, GeniusSIS
- FWPS students who wish to add an IA course to their existing schedule must register through the school counselor, not GenuisSIS.
- If your student has been enrolled in a FWPS district school or IA in the past, they may already be in our system. We’ll create a guardian account for you! Email your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, email and the name of your student. When your account has been linked, we’ll send you and email and you can log in and make course requests.
- Need help creating your guardian account? Watch this instructional video.
STEP #2: Complete a New Application in GeniusSIS for each student you wish to enroll
- Each student must have a unique email address.
- Required enrollment forms can also be accessed at iacademy.org/forms
STEP #3: Check your email for system notifications (be sure to check the spam folder) and further instructions
- You’ll receive a notice when your student has been accepted, and instructing you to make course requests.
- Staff will contact you if follow-up is necessary.
Apply Now (click logo)
I created my guardian account and application. What’s next?
Genius will email an account creation notice containing your user name and password and next steps (please check your spam folder).
FWPS Nondiscrimination Statement / Title IX / 504 – ADA: Federal Way Public Schools comply with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunities. Contact information and procedures for filing a complaint or to seek further information can be found at: www.fwps.org/nondiscrimination-statement.