Fall 2016-2017 Registration
Applications submitted today will require 3 days to process.
What do you need to know to register?
Do I have access to a system that meets technical requirements?
Every student needs to have access to a laptop or desktop personal computer that meets the system requirements of Internet Academy and our content partners. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be the latest and greatest: if your computer is 5 years old or younger, it’s probably a-ok!
Chrome preferred, the most current version.
Windows 7 or above
At or above OS recommendations
Partner System Requirements:
||Mobile Devices (Tablets, iPad, Phone, etc)
Looks good? Great! What’s next?
STEP #1: Start by creating your guardian account in our registration system, GeniusSIS
- FWPS students who wish to add an IA course to their existing schedule must register through the school counselor, not GenuisSIS.
- Need help creating your guardian count? Watch this instructional video.
STEP #2: Complete a New Application in GeniusSIS for each student you wish to enroll
- Each student must have a unique email address.
- If your student has been enrolled in a FWPS district school or IA in the past, they may already be in our system. Send a request to link your guardian account and the student to: email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and the name of your student. When your account has been linked, you can log in and make course requests – and you can skip step 3!
- Required enrollment forms can also be accessed at iacademy.org/forms
STEP #3: Check your email for system notifications (be sure to check the spam folder) and further instructions
- You’ll receive a notice when your student has been accepted, and instructing you to make course requests.
- Staff will contact you if there are any questions or missing forms.
I created my guardian account and application. What’s next?
Genius will email an account creation notice containing your user name and password and next steps (please check your spam folder).
FWPS Nondiscrimination Statement / Title IX / 504 – ADA: Federal Way Public Schools comply with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunities. Contact information and procedures for filing a complaint or to seek further information can be found at: www.fwps.org/nondiscrimination-statement.