How do I sign in to my classes? ♦ How to link Guardian & Student accounts? ♦ How to make course requests? ♦ How do I change a student’s email address?
How do I check on my student’s progress? ♦ How do I get back into Apex or Odyssey- it won’t log me in? ♦ How do I contact someone?
- Click “Login” at the top of this page or go to http://fwia.geniussis.com
- Enter your user name and password
- Students: when you are logged in, click any of the courses in your “Academic Snapshot” and the Canvas Instructure IA Campus dashboard opens. Click any course in your dashboard to open.
|Click on the image below to enlarge the Genius dashboard||Click on the image below to launch an instructional video|
- Send a request to link your guardian account and the student to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and the name of your student.
- Once your accounts are linked, please verify that the student contact information is correct – especially the email address. This is the email address that will receive the logon, password and notifications. By default, a FWPS student’s email account is set to their district gmail account: [student ID #]@p12fwps.org. The password is the same one they use to log in to a computer at school.
Click the play button to launch an instructional video
- Log in to your guardian account
- Select “Student Information” from the menu on the left
- Click on the Student Email Field and update the address
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen
- Guardians may change a student email but student accounts do not have this feature.
Official communication and progress reports will be made through the GenuisSIS portal via the guardian account. Log in with you username and password (if you don’t have one, complete the form below to request a guardian account. Be sure and include your student’s name). After logging in, your student’s dashboard will be loaded. Note: The course links in the Academic Snapshot are disabled. Course links are enabled in a student account only. To observe your student directly in their iA Campus classes, create a Canvas Parent account (instructions below).
|Getting familiar with the GeniusSIS dashboard (click to enlarge):||Viewing the student grade book (click to enlarge):|
View an instructional video on your Canvas parent account here: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1302
|A great tool for guardians to view student announcements, classes and assignments is by creating an account with Canvas, our learning management system. Canvas parent accounts allow you to log in and be an observer of all things happening in iA Campus!
To create your Canvas parent account, visit FWIA Canvas Login and click “Parent of a Canvas User? Click Here for an Account.”
You will need to know your student’s Canvas login and password.
WARNING: You must use a unique email address. Using the same email address as your student will disable their account.
In order to protect student work from loss or corruption, Apex will not load or reopen if it’s software detects that Apex is already open on the device or the student account is logged on elsewhere. This may be due to the student not logging off an earlier session or that Apex is already loaded in a different tab or window, or there is a “bad cookie” that needs to be replaced. The quickest and most effective solution is to shut the computer down, count to 10 after all the lights are off, and restart.
If you continue to experience an error when loading Apex, delete your cookies and cache and restart. Click here for instructions > >
A temporary work-around is to log on to your iA courses using a different web browser (Firefox instead of Chrome or vice-versa) or to open a new browser window “incognito” or “privately.” Either method bypasses cookies and will provide a quick solution.
Students should log off to Apex completely at the end of every work session.
Need tech support? We’re here to help. Contact us: