For families new to
Federal Way Public Schools
No enrollment history in Federal Way Public Schools? Then you’re in the right place! These instructions will walk you through the steps to complete online registration of a new student.
We’ve detected your’re using a tablet or mobile device. Registration should be completed on a computer. Some features are not supported
Things to know & do
What to have on-hand
- Address verification documentation
- Immunization records
- Emergency and medical contact information
- Transcript for scholars with existing high school credit / all students entering grades 10-12
- Age verification documentation
- Any special Education support documentation (504 or IEP)
Recommendation: Review instructions and videos in all steps before beginning registration
Create a Parent Account
- Watch the step-by-step video instructions
- Visit www.fwps.org/kiosk and select “Student Registration”
- On the log-in page, click “more options”
- Click “create a new account”
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Once the account set up is complete, online registration will begin the application automatically. Review Step 2 instructions before beginning.
Step-by-step Video Instructions
Click play to begin. Click the expand icon to view full screen.
Know the Code & Complete Registration for your Household
Online Registration is per household. Once submitted, no additional scholars can be added until after it is reviewed by the registrar.
- Continue from Step One or visit www.fwps.org/kiosk & select Student Registration
- Select Add New Student
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Watch the video for a step-by-step demonstration (Pro-tip: play the video while completing registration. Pause & restart as needed)
Step-by-step Video Instructions
Click play to begin
Yes – you are authorized!
During online registration, answer YES to the question “are you authorized to attend a non-neighborhood school?” Select IA from the menu and enter the authorization code: IAenroll
Application submitted. What’s next?
You’ll receive an email confirmation that the application was received. You can check the status online anytime. Online Registration status will display “waiting” until it is accepted or denied. When an application is accepted, the registrar will notify the primary parent email address in the account. The Online Registration status display will disappear from your account. You can now add an additional students, if desired. Do not complete another application for the accepted student.
Applications are reviewed individually for multiple criteria in the order received. We’re working hard but during high volume times, this may take some time and your patience is very appreciated!
An application can not be accepted for the following reasons:
A new application is for a student that already exists in our data system. Duplicate student entries are returned.
It is missing the Choice Transfer/Out of District Release (if required)
It is missing transcripts, if the scholar is a high school student new to FWPS
It is missing the IEP or Section 504 documents (if applicable). Learning plans are evaluated by the district to ensure appropriate placement.
Other issues not listed (less common)
If there is an issue with the application, the registrar will send an email to the primary parent email address notifying them of the issue and how it may be resolved.
Our application was accepted. How does my student access their classes?
A message with the student username, password and login instructions will be sent to each parent email address provided during enrollment before the first day of school. Parents and guardians will need to share this information with their student.
We’re so glad you’ve chosen iA and are excited to learn with you this year!