How do I apply?
We’re happy you’ve chosen Internet Academy, Washington’s first online school! These instructions are for enrolling a student new to iA and Federal Way Public Schools.
Step 1: Before you Begin
- Have a valid & unique email address for parent(s) and each student
- Have regular, reliable access to a computer and internet connection that meets iA system requirements
- Review the IEP and Section 504 admittance process (if applicable)
- Request a Choice Transfer (also known as an “Out of District Transfer”) from your resident school district, if you reside outside the Federal Way School District service area.
- Students entering grades 9-12 will need to email a transcript to email@example.com
Step 2: Documents to Have Ready
- Address verification documentation
- Immunization records
- Emergency and medical contact information
- Age verification documentation
- Previous education experience (transcript)
- Special Education support documentation (IEP)
Step 3: Visit the Kiosk and Begin
- Go to www.fwps.org/kiosk and select “student registration”
- On the log-in page, under “more options,” choose “create a new account”
What to Expect Ahead
- You will be asked three questions to ensure parent records aren’t duplicated, then provided the privacy statement
- Once you’ve accepted the privacy statement, you will be asked to provide your first and last name and your email address
- You have now created your account, and you will receive an email prompting you to complete the account activation process
- Click on the link within the email and follow the prompts to set your user name and password
- Once logged in, select “begin process” to get started
- Begin with “Family” — complete the required fields in each module on the left-hand side — all required fields will be indicated with a red asterisk
- Additional parents and guardians can be added by clicking “add new”
- Select “Add Student” to enter student information — all scholars need to be added prior to submitting the form
- Select “YES” you are authorized to register for a non-neighborhood school or program. Choose “Internet Academy” and use authorization code “IAenroll2019” (click link to view image)
- The SOU (Statement of Understanding) form is required by WA State prior to enrolling. Registrations received without a signed SOU will be returned to the parent for upload.
- Review your information and if needed choose the option to make edits or submit —once submitted you will not be able to make any changes
- Enter your course requests by clicking “Make A Course Request” in the blue menu bar