How do I register?
We’re happy you’ve chosen Internet Academy! These instructions are for scholars returning to iA or are transferring from another FWPS school. FWPS students who wish to add an iA class to their building schedule must see their school counselor.
Step 1: Before you Begin
- Have a valid & unique email address for parent(s) and each student
- Have regular, reliable access to a computer and internet connection that meets iA System requirements
- Review the IEP and Section 504 admittance process (if applicable)
- Request a Choice Transfer (also known as an “Interdistrict Transfer”) from your resident school district, if you reside outside the Federal Way School District service area.
Step 2: Login to Your ParentVUE Account
Click one below (popup will open):
Step 3: Verify Existing Student Information
We recommend keeping this instruction page open in a new window as you complete the Online Registration process
IMPORTANT: iA is a non-neighborhood school. You must say “YES” and select Internet Academy from drop down menus. Enter authorization code: “IAenroll2019” (see photo) during the registration process.
- To begin, visit www.fwps.org/verifyonline
- Login with ParentVUE account credentials
- You will be prompted to complete the yearly online verification process
- Select review
- Parents are able to navigate to the annual questions by clicking on the exclamation point(s) in each area (!) or parents have the ability to edit/review each page individually
- The SOU (Statement of Understanding) form is required by WA State prior to enrolling. Registrations received without a signed SOU will be returned to the parent for upload.
- Upon completion of all required items the parents will confirm completion by clicking the check box and submitting
- Click “Make A Course Request” in the blue menu bar and enter course requests