How do I sign in to my classes? ♦ How do I get the right plugin? ♦ How to link Guardian & Student accounts? ♦ How to make course requests? ♦ How do I change a student’s email address? ♦ How do I check on my student’s progress? ♦ How do I get back into Apex or Odyssey- it won’t log me in? ♦ How do I … See my content? The screen is blank! ♦ How do I contact someone?
- Click “Login” at the top of this page or go to http://fwia.geniussis.com
- Enter your user name and password
- Students: when you are logged in, click any of the courses in your “Academic Snapshot” and the Canvas Instructure IA Campus dashboard opens. Click any course in your dashboard to open.
|Click on the image below to enlarge the Genius dashboard||Click on the image below to launch an instructional video|
- The settings on your web browser must allow Flash & Java languages. Not sure if you have Java or Flash installed? Run a systems check and find out. You can click here or use the link on your Genius dashboard:
- Send a request to link your guardian account and the student to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and the name of your student.
- Once your accounts are linked, please verify that the student contact information is correct – especially the email address. This is the email address that will receive the logon, password and notifications. By default, a FWPS student’s email account is set to their district gmail account: [student ID #]@p12fwps.org. The password is the same one they use to log in to a computer at school.
|Click image below to launch instructional video|
- Log in to your guardian account
- Select “Student Information” from the menu on the left
- Click on the Student Email Field and update the address
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the screen
- Guardians may change a student email but student accounts do not have this feature.
Create an iA Campus Observer Account!
In order to protect student work from loss or corruption, Apex will not load or reopen if it’s software detects that Apex is already open on the device or the student account is logged on elsewhere. This may be due to the student not logging off an earlier session or that Apex is already loaded in a different tab or window, or there is a “bad cookie” that needs to be replaced. The quickest and most effective solution is to shut the computer down, count to 10 after all the lights are off, and restart.
If you continue to experience an error when loading Apex, delete your cookies and cache and restart. Click here for instructions > >
A temporary work-around is to log on to your iA courses using a different web browser (Firefox instead of Chrome or vice-versa) or to open a new browser window “incognito” or “privately.” Either method bypasses cookies and will provide a quick solution.
Students should log off to Apex completely at the end of every work session.
Many iA courses require Flash and Java enabled in the browser or device you are using. If your firewall or browser settings do not allow Flash or Java content, a blank screen will appear where the video or interactive assignment would be. Please familiarize yourself with your personal computer software settings. For steps on how to enable Java and Flash, click HERE > >
Need tech support? We’re here to help. Contact us: